Wednesday, September 23

why are we open to others.

WARNING: Contents of this blog may cause readers to ponder and analyse what I'm trying to say. This is not safe, as this is an entry about random rants that has been fueling me for a very long while now. So if you think it's you, you might either be wrong. If you think it's something that concerns you, that's probably wrong as well. And if you think you know what's going on, that wont definitely be the case. I'm sorry. If you still want to read, go on. If not, go study or clean your room or something.
_______________________________________________________________

People say that when someone is open, talks alot and shares alot, they provide alot of windows for other people to see through them. They say that we reveal ourselves too much when we talk alot. But then, there are those who reveal something that doesn't really provide anything at all. Instead, it almost becomes a defence mechanism so that we don't become vulnerable to what anyone says.

Nevertheless, bare in mind that not everything everyone says are true. Not everything is a life either. So maybe the safe stand point would be to believe moderately, not too much and not too little.

I've been a very open person and also secretive. Some people find this appealing, some people not. Thing is I don't really give a shizznit. I say what I want to say and I keep to myself whatever i want to remain undisclosed. Its just part of life. You assimilate.

Anyway, having said that, I love friends who laugh at the stuff I say and despise anyone who thinks mu humor is just an indicative of naivety. Earlier this week, I slightly realised that I seem to not be able to restrict myself from getting annoyed. But when I think about it, it's not all me. I mean alot of the stuff people say, I don't really give a crap, and I know they feel the same way for me. So I don't get what the problem is. Also, I'm used to the more often than never, occasional embarrassment, it's me. But when people start behaving oddly in response to the certain presence of other people, it's just not on. Not cool. I mean, if that's how much they don't like themselves, then I'm afraid these people need help. Facades are good, yes, but when you are with your friends you don't need that. Cause whoever you are, you're accepted. You can talk about your periods and other wierd childish stuff like that, and you will still be the same.

I guess what I'm saying is, there's no need to pretend.

1 comment:

rocks&sand. said...

WOOOO you were still awake at 1ish!! I feel so sleepy but I can't sleep since caffeine is stuffing by brain up! How awesome is that! It actually works! haha!

Is the essay driving u crazy yet? Or oscar wilde's narcissicm? bwhahhaa

Ok should go to sleep now. I might nod off halfway through my presentation in lab tomorrow!

P.S. Thanks for making me laugh today! :) it made the stress go away, even for a while. And I think you gave me mini-abs! ohh yeah score!

xx